UPDATE APRIL 8, 2021:
We are full for the Summer program (we do maintain a waiting list in case an enrollee drops before start date) and we are currently accepting applications for our October 2021 program.
Garden of Ink Tattoo School is committed to giving every student the tools they need to build the foundation of a successful career in the industry of artistic tattooing.
We provide a safe, tolerant and professional learning environment where students are treated as working apprentices solely concentrating on the fundamentals of tattooing.
Our program is designed to prepare students for an entry level position in the tattoo industry.
The State of Oregon requires 360 hours of instruction to prepare for state licensure. Enrollment priority is given to those with art training or extensive art experience.
Our course is tailored to the individual student, and is intended to be four months (16 weeks) in length. Maximum allowed time for completion of the program is five months (20 weeks). Our instructional program is designed to be thorough, professional and intensive. The attending student is expected to be dedicated, committed and involved.
Connect With Us!
A Word From Director/Owner Shelly Dax,
Tattoo School AdmissionsTo be considered for admission:
- You must be at least 18, and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- You must complete our admission application form.
- You must provide picture ID in the form of Oregon Driver’s License or ID Card, Passport or Government issued ID, as well as a copy of your diploma or G.E.D.
- You must provide 10 drawings or paintings you have completed, printed or copied on 8 1/2 by 11 paper (regardless of the original artwork’s size). [These will not be returned.] We also like to see your online portfolio, but this is not absolutely necessary.
- You must provide two letters of reference, one personal and one professional. Please choose somebody other than family.
- You must include nonrefundable, admission application fee of $25, paid by money order or cashier’s check.
Enrollment fee is due at the time of enrollment. Tuition and other fees are due on the first day of class, unless payment arrangements by the director have been approved in advance. Please keep in mind, tattoo schools cannot accept federally funded financial aid.
Tuition & Fees (2021)Enrollment Fee: $150, Tuition & Supplies: $8200, Take-Home Equipment: $1500,
EquipmentTAKE-HOME EQUIPMENT LIST
- Cheyenne Rotary Tattoo Machine
- Critical Power Supply
- Gem footswitch
- Basic set of inks
- Basic set of disposable needle cartridges
- The Tattoo Textbook