UPDATE OCT 7, 2022:
We are not currently accepting new students.
If you’d like to be considered for Spring 2023, please inquire by using the contact form at the bottom of this page AFTER reading everything. We have a waitlist for interested students.We truly appreciate your interest in our school!
Garden of Ink Tattoo School is committed to giving every student the tools they need to build the foundation of a successful career in the industry of artistic tattooing.
We provide a safe, tolerant and professional learning environment where students are treated as working apprentices solely concentrating on the fundamentals of tattooing.
Our program is designed to prepare students for an entry level position in the tattoo industry.
The State of Oregon requires 360 hours of instruction to prepare for state licensure. Enrollment priority is given to those with art training or extensive art experience AND a GREAT attitude.
Our course is tailored to the individual student, and is intended to be four months (16 weeks) in length. Maximum allowed time for completion of the program is five months (20 weeks). Our instructional program is designed to be thorough, professional and intensive. The attending student is expected to be dedicated, committed and involved. Students are also expected to be open to correction, self-responsible and hard -working while in the program. The ability to accept critique and stay focused are highly important.
Connect With Us!
A Word From Director/Owner Shelly Dax,
Tattoo School AdmissionsTo be considered for admission:
- You must be at least 18, and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- You must complete our admission application form.
- You must provide picture ID in the form of Oregon Driver’s License or ID Card, Passport or Government issued ID, as well as a copy of your diploma or G.E.D.
- You must provide 10 drawings or paintings you have completed–printed or copied on 8 1/2 by 11 paper (regardless of the original artwork’s size). [These will not be returned.] Please be sure your art represents solid linework, understanding of shading, value, composition and color and is not solely made up of digital artwork. We also like to see your online portfolio, but this is not absolutely necessary.
- You must provide two letters of reference, one personal and one professional. Please choose somebody other than family.
- You must include nonrefundable, admission application fee of $25, paid by Gpay, Paypal or Venmo (& include printed receipt with application packet.) OR cashier’s check (NO money order or personal check).
- Application, supporting documents and cashier’s check MUST be mailed in to the studio. (no submissions accepted by email).
Enrollment fee is due at the time of enrollment. Tuition and other fees are due before the first day of class, unless payment arrangements (with financing charge) have been approved in advance by the director. Please keep in mind, tattoo schools cannot accept federally funded financial aid.
Tuition & FeesEnrollment Fee: $150, Tuition & Supplies: $10,250, Take-Home Equipment: $1600,
EquipmentTAKE-HOME EQUIPMENT LIST
- Cheyenne Rotary Tattoo Machine
- Critical Power Supply
- Gem footswitch
- Basic set of inks
- Basic set of disposable needle cartridges
- Roll of Saniderm
- Tattoo anesthetic & balm